Please note: The M.S. in business analytics is a non-residential program. I-20 forms (student visas) cannot be provided for study in the M.S. in business analytics program.
You do not need to have to have a background in data or business analytics to apply to the UVA MSBA program. As long as you have good problem-solving skills, are not afraid to work with data, and have an interest in business, then the program will provide you with the necessary ingredients for a successful career in business analytics.
To be considered for admission to the M.S. in business analytics program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have a conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (The M.S. in business analytics accepts students from a wide range of undergraduate majors and professional backgrounds.)
- Have a minimum of two years of professional work experience (post-bachelor’s degree) by the program’s first day of class
- Show evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical skills through a combination of academic background, work experience, and optional GMAT, GRE or Executive Assessment test scores.
- Academic strengths as demonstrated by a combination of undergraduate coursework, optional standardized test scores, and, if applicable, graduate coursework
- Qualities of character (e.g., motivation, maturity, tenacity, integrity, ability to work well with others, self-reliance, and leadership)
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills
- Motivation and goals
See UVA’s full Notice of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity.